About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, India
Moving into a new place where many have not been to before, me and the hubby truely did not know what to expect. As we find out for ourselves what kind of hole we have thrown ourselves into living in Hyderabad, here's a peek for all into this new world of ours.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Loss for word(s)


This picture sums up how I have been feeling since a week ago but is there that one word that can perfectly describe how I feel?

Starting last week, me and a friend who lives London have been texting each other about how we are going to see each other again soon (but not soon enough). We suspect no one else back home can truly understand how we are feeling. She drags herself to work and dreams of eating prata. I have no mood to cook and can only think of the tiny red dot island. 

Is there a word that can describe our longing of going home, anticipation, lack of focus and restlessness? I thought about it for awhile and I cannot find that elusive word.

I am no wordsmith but I try to get it right the best I can when it comes to using words. Many times, the meaning of words seem close but no two words mean exactly the same thing. This reminds me of the movie Pursuit of Happyness when Will Smith (Gardner) explains to his son:

Chris Gardner: Probably means there's a good chance. Possibly means we might or we might not.

Christopher: Okay.

Chris Gardner: So, what does probably mean?

Christopher: It means we have a good chance.

Chris Gardner: And what does possibly mean?

Christopher: I know what it means! It means we're not going to the game.

No doubt it is playing with words to his advantage but isn't that the fun of it all?

After spending time looking through online thesauruses and googling about being homesick, going home, etc, I hit the jackpot.

Impatient.

This is the root of all the feelings and behaviour that I am experiencing. The answer came when I saw the picture of those tapping fingers. So much for me thinking that it would be some bombastic four syllable unpronounceable word.

Feeling satisfied now that I don't have to word hunt anymore, this is what I am back to doing:

2 comments:

Cherie said...

so how many more days?? miss ya! =)

Grace said...

Miss you gals too! Will be back this sun but not in time for service, so see you all following sunday! :)