About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, India
Moving into a new place where many have not been to before, me and the hubby truely did not know what to expect. As we find out for ourselves what kind of hole we have thrown ourselves into living in Hyderabad, here's a peek for all into this new world of ours.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011 everyone!

Is coming up with New Year resolutions suppose to be tough? I didn't think so until I had wanted to pen mine down. There are no light bulbs going off in my head!

Does this mean that I have no plans to achieve anything this year? Hm... that doesn't sound quite right too. >_<

There are some years when I knew exactly what is on the list. The likes of completing a marathon, changing a new job, etc but 2011 doesn't seem to be one of them.

Just 365 days ago, I didn't think that I would be married before the year ended, nor thought that I would be unemployed and living away in India of all places. Doing household chores on a almost daily basis was not anywhere on my radar at all.

So, 2011 became part of the year when me and the hubby will be living away from home. Before leaving, I had already designated it as a year of rest (read: lots of me-time) and also serving my "national service" of being domesticated. I hope I will pay my dues in this area once and for all!

Coming back to making New Year resolutions. Well, I am not going to force myself to have resolutions when I really seem to have none. But I have decided that though I do not have finite ones that I can put down on pen and paper, I will continue to enjoy the things and people around me and to go with the flow in this new year.

Though I have no clue as to what God has installed or will be throwing at me this year but I will continue to take it as it comes with a smile.

So, to those who are also like me this year with no resolutions, let's just continue to enjoy the present and count our blessings as they come. 

Happy New Year!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There - I saw some of your posts and wa very intrigued! Are you a Chinese couple living in Hyderabad?? How did you end up there? I know it may be difficult...but hope you are enjoying your time. I'm from hyderabad but living in the US, soon going to be in Hyderabad for a few days with my girlfriend who is Chinese!! I just don't remember how I ended up on your website! good luck to both of you and hope you have a great life!

Grace said...

hi, yes we are a Chinese couple living in Hyderabad as the hubby is here on a work stint. Thanks for the well wishes and hope you and your girlfriend have a good time here!

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace - Can I ask you a favor? My gf eats only a bit of Indian food. She is a picky eater!!. She basically HAS to have vegetable dishes at least once every three meals but I don't really know any restaurants in Hyderabad which have a lot of healthy veggie options. Any recommendations based on your experience of eating out in Hyd? They don't need to be vegetarian restaurants, just a good restaurants with some healthy options. I'm sure by now you know how bad Indian restaurants are when it comes to veggies!

So any restaurants you know which have good veggie options? Thanks!

I have been to China the food is just fabulous! So yummy and healthy as well.

Grace said...

Hihi, yes it is difficult to meet the daily veg intake with indian food but there are a few places that I would go when I am out and have a craving for veg in the meal.

For Chinese food, they are nowhere near authentic flavours unfortunately but there are 2 that I would recommend: Mainland China (Near ITC Kakatiya Hotel) and Aromas of China (at City Centre). I usually order stir fry veg than those with loads of sauce.

Else, for more fresh vegs like salad, I can only trust myself to order them at Hard Rock Cafe (GVK1 Mall) or Chili's (Inorbit Mall). Subway is the other option and they have home delivery too! FYI, so far my experience at TGIF (Banjara Hill Rd 2) has been hits and misses.

Oh, do visit Littly Italy too. Its a vegetarian Italian place in Jubilee Hill (behind volkswagen Showroom). I like going there at night and sitting outdoors as it gives you a view of the city being at a elevated spot.

Hope this helps! When are you scheduled to be here?

rajesh said...

Hey Grace - My name is Rajesh btw...nice to meet you over blogspot!
we were scheduled to be in Hyd in Feb but unfortunately things did not pan out as expected and the trip is now pushed out by a couple of months. Wanna meet up when we are there? It will be awesome if we can go out for dinner, all four of us. I'm buying dinner for us!

How long are you guys gonna stay in Hyd?

Grace said...

Hi Rajesh, nice to meet you too. We should be here till around Q3 this year, so do drop me a note when you are coming!

Whereabouts from the States are you coming from?

rajesh said...

Hey Grace, just saw your other posts! Happy belated happy bday! I see that you've been to N grill...I think it belongs to one of the biggest stars from the film industry.

We live in Los Angeles. Hope to be there soon! Definitely before Q3.