About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, India
Moving into a new place where many have not been to before, me and the hubby truely did not know what to expect. As we find out for ourselves what kind of hole we have thrown ourselves into living in Hyderabad, here's a peek for all into this new world of ours.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Shanghai Baby!

We are headed to Shanghai in November for a week! Woo hoo!

Haven't been to China for about 2.5 years now. Am thinking of the foot reflexology sessions, massages, eating the xiao long paos, shopping at the markets...

Reason for the Shanghai trip is because Hubby will be attending a 3 day conference there and we will extend the trip. As I was planning for the trip, I realise that one of the easier routes to get to Shanghai is to transit through Singapore! This took me awhile to accept, considering the fact that China and India are neighbouring countries.

First of all, there are no direct flights from Hyderabad to Shanghai. We have to transit either in New Delhi or Bombay. To get to either of these 2 cities, it was equivalent to flying halfway back to Singapore. Throw in the terrible transit time where you have to wait for hours, we would have arrived at Changi Airport.

Secondly, the flight time from either Bombay/ Delhi to Shanghai is about the same as from Singapore. Though when I checked online, Singapore is about 500 nautical miles further. Few reasons that I could throw up was use of different aircraft type or wind directions?

Lastly, when it comes down to between Singapore Airlines and Air India, the choice is very obvious isn't it? Also helps that it didn't cost that much more to transit in Singapore.

Our grand plans have been hatched. We are choosing the longer transit time for both transits in Singapore. This will let us go home first to pack the clothes we need for Shanghai and on the way back, we can stock up on essentials for India! Another thing that I am very excited about is picking up my new camera before the trip. I have been eyeing on the LX5 even before its release a few weeks ago, so its time to get my hands on it.

Initial plans for Shanghai now also includes meeting up with a few friends while Hubby is in conference, do all my favourite activities and throw in a day trip to Zhou Zhuang and Suzhou. While flying, I never really took pictures of Shanghai. Felt that it was too touristy then. So now, I am going all out to photo document this trip!

November is still like a long 1.5 months away. I know most people will tell me that time flies and its true only when you look back at time.

Just a few days ago was our 2 months wedding anniversary. When I told Hubby " Happy 2 months anniversary", we both agreed that it had felt like 2 years. Now, who can tell me if that is a good thing or not?

Countdown to Shanghai: 51 days

No comments: