About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, India
Moving into a new place where many have not been to before, me and the hubby truely did not know what to expect. As we find out for ourselves what kind of hole we have thrown ourselves into living in Hyderabad, here's a peek for all into this new world of ours.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Movie Date





Our first movie experience in India!


I had been wanting to watch Inception before leaving Singapore because everyone was talking about it. So, since we had a bit of time this afternoon, it was movie time!


Vidul, our new found friend had told us to go to multi-cineplexes and not the individual stand alone ones. So, we headed off to the INOX at GVK1 mall.


We had not known how to prebook tickets so we checked out show times from today's newspapers and went a couple of hours earlier to get the tickets. Like the good old times of queuing at box office before the era of phone/ online ticket booking.


Tickets are cheap here as compared to Singapore. We paid Rs300 for 2 regular tickets which is about SGD$4.50 per ticket. They also have the premium tickets that goes for Rs250/ SGD$7.50 each. In my mind, I was going, "Oh no! $4.50 only per ticket. What was the cinema going to be like? Was the stale air in the cinema going to suffocate me or have dinghy seats or have creepies crawling around?" No idea and can't wait to find out!


Going into the theatre, there were strict checks on our bags again especially for cameras. Guess they didn't want any sort of illegal recordings.


Act II popcorn is a big thing here. Yes, its the same brand of microwave popcorn that we get back home except that at the cinemas here, they are freshly popped and of course I had to get some of that butter smelling popcorn.


First thing that came to mind when we entered is that this place reminds me of GV Grand! Where the popcorn counters are placed, the colours and the feel. So yes, the place was not bad. The cinema surprised us further with a screen larger than what we are used to and the seats could even be reclined slightly. What made my day was that they got the incline of the cinema right. Even with 2 tall guys sitting in front of me, they did not block my view very much. Two thumbs up! I was all ready to watch Inception!


There was a surprise halfway through the movie when the lights came on. I thought it was a mistake and the lights would be off in no time. This happened when Cobb and the team was going into the 2nd level of the dream. But no, people started moving and I saw the word "Intermission" flashed. What???? This is not a musical or theatre! A break at this exciting part... when they had just transported Robert Fisher to the hotel bar? :(


Anyway, from the intermission break, I saw how the male queue for the toilets were longer than the ladies (I have no idea why) and that the crowd really stock up on a second round of snacks and drinks!


Movie ended and I told the hubby that we could be in a dream of our own and that we were actually sleeping on our bed in Thomson waiting to be kicked. Maybe Hyderabad is not real. Only way to find out - where is the totem?

No comments: