About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, India
Moving into a new place where many have not been to before, me and the hubby truely did not know what to expect. As we find out for ourselves what kind of hole we have thrown ourselves into living in Hyderabad, here's a peek for all into this new world of ours.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Suzie's Eulogy

Hubby’s Version
*or rather what I think he would have written

She started appearing about two to three months ago. I hardly noticed her at first but as time passed and as we bumped into each other more often, there was a sense of familiarity. Though we never talked, it seemed like we had acknowledged each other’s presence. I gave her a name – Suzie.

Most things are generally okay until the wife notices and reached her threshold of tolerance. That day came last week and I had to put this to an end.

It's true that in the next day or two, I couldn’t help thinking about where she is now. However, that tinge of attachment that I felt during our infrequent sightings was probably imagined as I didn’t miss Suzie at all after.

To Suzie: Wherever you are now, I hope you are well.


My Version

The hubby noticed her before I did and seem to do so more frequently than me. Some call it affinity, I call it coincidence.

Soon, I established her routine of appearing in the evenings. Sometimes, I would see her from the corner of my eyes but there are days when I would not spot her. Many things around us form our environment and that was what she was to me. Until, she decided to become a threat.

Around last week, she broke her routine and started appearing more frequently. Not only that, she had also started to stop and stare at me too. This went on for a few days until I decided to ask the hubby to take action.

So, in order for me not to be harmed, we went on the offensive. We gave her poison and when it didn’t seem to be enough, we plunged her four floors below.

Till today, we cannot be sure if she died as she is not human like us. We had not seen the corpse of this dead lizard but neither has she come back to haunt me.

Dear Suzie, things could have remained status quo but by breaking your routine, you broke the rules of engagement.

No comments: